Volvo MC70B

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

piker24

Hoping to get some assistance on an issue. I own a 2006 Volvo MC70B skid steer. I was recently pushing sand at low RPM and stalled the machine. When I tried to restart, the machine just turns over (no sign of wanting to start). I changed the fuel filters and have verified that the low pressure fuel pump (located near the fuel filter) is pumping fuel to the injector pump. If I spray a squirt of starting fluid in the air cleaner, the machine fires right up and runs for 3-4 seconds until the ether burns off. I then checked the fuel solenoid and confirmed that it was getting power in two wires when the ignition is turned on.

Thoughts?

Also, while we are talking about my current lawn ornament.. what is the process (if any) to disengage the transmission if I need to pull it onto a trailer? and finally, can someone tell me the process for lifting the arm if the machine won't start, in order to tilt the cab forward (machine has pilot controls).

Thank you again!

foton

is it possible when you changed the fuel filters you got air in the system that has not worked it self out yet. Is that engine old enough that you can crack the injector lines to see if you are getting pressure up there?

OP
OP
P

piker24

is it possible when you changed the fuel filters you got air in the system that has not worked it self out yet. Is that engine old enough that you can crack the injector lines to see if you are getting pressure up there?
Thank you foton. Should I crack the line at the head or at the injector pump?

foton

do it at the head that way you will get more air out of the system if it is in there. but be carefull of the spray very high pressure.