MACHINIST NEEDED

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

van

this part is off a JTC tiller, piece of junk but between welding and finding parts we can service the attachments.

If you know any dealer ,distributors,auction houses that carry parts or /and a machinist I would be very thankful:) van

We also have a case skid steer we need a planetarium for ,rebuilt or machined is ok.

:) vbl,by the way I love this forum even though haven't needed to use it as often as they would like. Wish other places had as good forums.:)

Attachments

• IMG_1589.jpeg
    IMG_1589.jpeg
    319.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1588.jpeg
    IMG_1588.jpeg
    376.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1587.jpeg
    IMG_1587.jpeg
    312 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1586.jpeg
    IMG_1586.jpeg
    357.6 KB · Views: 24

mrbb

just saying not bashing, but you might want to tell us where your from/located at
as I would expect you want a machinist near you to consider for the job as to one far away with added costs and , just for making it easier to communicate your needs to(as in maybe in person over say the web or phone)
That said, a quick look on say GOOGLE maps, with search for machinist may net you one near by if you haven't tried that yet, it might work!

if you happen to know p[art number on part/s you need listing them is also a good way to have folks here maybe find what your looking for! as said before, more info you give us to work with, the better info/help you can get in return!

OP
OP
V

van

Minnesota ,I will try google as well but referrals give more confidence . The drive shaft for the tiller is the priority. You can see the problem is the blades were falling off on already tilled land and bending within the first 1hour of use. Tried it again and a hr later same problem.then we welded blades on and power shaft broke which were sent in first request

the first group of pictures here are for the planetarium for the case. The second group start with pic of tiller. All help and thoughts will be appreciated.FYI-the company or rep does not respond to calls,tests,emails.

Thanks,vbl

Attachments

• IMG_4963.jpeg
    IMG_4963.jpeg
    382.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4959.jpeg
    IMG_4959.jpeg
    395.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4971.jpeg
    IMG_4971.jpeg
    712.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4952.jpeg
    IMG_4952.jpeg
    511.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2028.jpeg
    IMG_2028.jpeg
    630.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2032.jpeg
    IMG_2032.jpeg
    481.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2033.jpeg
    IMG_2033.jpeg
    581.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2027.jpeg
    IMG_2027.jpeg
    459.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2026.jpeg
    IMG_2026.jpeg
    627.8 KB · Views: 27

mrbb

take with a grain of salt

but the quality of the tiller and the hardness of your ground might be the issue here
the OEM design may have designed it so, the cheaper/weaker things break first(bolts, tiller blades, think of them like a shear pin, designed to b break before more important things break!
, and then when you welded them on, you found the next weakest link, the drive shaft
< SO< odds are maybe , its just the design of the tiller, and it just won't handle the job you want it too
maybe because the ground is too hard or rocky, or could even be(again no bash meant, but the operator going too hard or fast with things, than the tiller was built to handle!

IMO< I would suggest contacting the maker of the tiller and asking some honest questions about what it was designed to to be used on
as if its just not HD enough for your ground, or even your machine

it would be money better spent IMO< buying a better tiller, or like implement, than sinking money into something that will never hold up to what you want to do with it!

call this food for thought
before investing in a machinist building better parts, only to find the next weak link and repeat the money game and down time!

I know in my neck of the woods, ain't no one using any tillers to prep soil or sites, ground just way too rocky and all you do is bend or break tines/blades and have down time and repairs to do, on things! forever sink holes for $$$$ and down time!

so no one uses them here any more!, unless doing maybe really small gardens , where they know the soil isn't rocky!

so, I'd again suggest asking OEM< what it was made to handle, and or evaluate what your using a tiller for, and seeing if there is a more robust one to get, or a different implement all together that will work better!

before hiring any machinist to build you custom parts!

mikelv

I don't think you are going to get a reply from JTC. First clue was their email address is a Hotmail account for crying out loud. Then found out on a JTC user Facebook page they went out of business over a year ago. That page is also loaded with others that are having a hard time keeping their JTC implements working. You might find some advice over there with someone that has already solved the issue.

OP
OP
V

van

but the quality of the tiller and the hardness of your ground might be the issue here
the OEM design may have designed it so, the cheaper/weaker things break first(bolts, tiller blades, think of them like a shear pin, designed to b break before more important things break!
, and then when you welded them on, you found the next weakest link, the drive shaft
< SO< odds are maybe , its just the design of the tiller, and it just won't handle the job you want it too
maybe because the ground is too hard or rocky, or could even be(again no bash meant, but the operator going too hard or fast with things, than the tiller was built to handle!

IMO< I would suggest contacting the maker of the tiller and asking some honest questions about what it was designed to to be used on

it would be money better spent IMO< buying a better tiller, or like implement, than sinking money into something that will never hold up to what you want to do with it!

before investing in a machinist building better parts, only to find the next weak link and repeat the money game and down time!

I know in my neck of the woods, ain't no one using any tillers to prep soil or sites, ground just way too rocky and all you do is bend or break tines/blades and have down time and repairs to do, on things! forever sink holes for $$$$ and down time!

so no one uses them here any more!, unless doing maybe really small gardens , where they know the soil isn't rocky!

so, I'd again suggest asking OEM< what it was made to handle, and or evaluate what your using a tiller for, and seeing if there is a more robust one to get, or a different implement all together that will work better!

Thanks for your thoughts. The problems are they are made poorly,if you look st the pictures you will see soil isis loose from years tilling before.have contacted auction house but not helpful so far and never getting correct contact to try and get parts,that's why I am looking for a machinist.if you read post above yours you will see other had problems:)

OP
OP
V

van

need a machinist still,maybe using regular not recycled steel that's harder will fix the problem:)

OP
OP
V

van

We are in sandy soil ,some roots and small rocks and all has been tilled before. Asked for last year for the supplier but no luck.:)

OP
OP
V

van

I don't think you are going to get a reply from JTC. First clue was their email address is a Hotmail account for crying out loud. Then found out on a JTC user Facebook page they went out of business over a year ago. That page is also loaded with others that are having a hard time keeping their JTC implements working. You might find some advice over there with someone that has already solved the issue.
I don't have Facebook or any other social media:)

OP
OP
V

van

Tried your suggestions with no luck for a year now.i have a better tiller for my tractor a king korn but wanted one for cat.so frustrating:)

OP
OP
V

van

this is the drive to the tiller and made from recycled steel,bad stuff. Can't find one nor auction house no help. This is my only option unless a dealer with parts shows up ,doubt it:)

Attachments

• IMG_1589.jpeg
    IMG_1589.jpeg
    319.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1588.jpeg
    IMG_1588.jpeg
    376.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1587.jpeg
    IMG_1587.jpeg
    312 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1586.jpeg
    IMG_1586.jpeg
    357.6 KB · Views: 8

mrbb

well again just trying to help you here!

But if your blades on the tiller were falling off due to mounting hardware not up to the task of holding therm on, and then them bending due to being welded on

it sort of says there NOT made strong enough for the dirt work your using them in!
and it was a most likely an engineered deal, being it was maybe made for lighter work than your asking of it

making new custom Stronger parts will IMO< just have you finding the next weak link and new repairs, (maybe the drive box/gears, or??)
been down many roads over my life time of modifying /building up one part only to find the next weak link, its just how it works, and in most cases, it was always cheaper to just buy something already built better, than trying to make a weaker thing stronger , as most things built today, they know there limits from the engineer room and all parts are to work in a line, modify one part down stream or up, and you end up playing keep making next part better and so on and before long you sank a way more than it would have costs to just upgrade from the get go! just the nature of the beast

BUT if your dead set on exploring things with custom made parts,and nothing wrong with it if its what you want to do! as I stated just trying to help here no bash intended!

maybe try some places I listed below ;
I have NO clue how close or far they are from you as MI is a fairly large state and al the info I have to go by, nor any personal experience with any, some have been around a long time, and that some times means they are liked by some!

so I will add a few I found by doing a search on google maps, a few dozen came up all over, so there should be one near you you can maybe try and have a talk with , I know you were maybe hoping for someone to have personal experience with one they could recommend,
but it doesn't seem like anyone here has that to pass on,
so, hope this maybe helps ( did again, Google maps, and typed in metal machine shop and used center of state as a starting point, LOTS of shops came up for me)
good luck and let us know how you make out!

or

or

or

or

OP
OP
V

van

well again just trying to help you here!

But if your blades on the tiller were falling off due to mounting hardware not up to the task of holding therm on, and then them bending due to being welded on

it sort of says there NOT made strong enough for the dirt work your using them in!
and it was a most likely an engineered deal, being it was maybe made for lighter work than your asking of it

making new custom Stronger parts will IMO< just have you finding the next weak link and new repairs, (maybe the drive box/gears, or??)
been down many roads over my life time of modifying /building up one part only to find the next weak link, its just how it works, and in most cases, it was always cheaper to just buy something already built better, than trying to make a weaker thing stronger , as most things built today, they know there limits from the engineer room and all parts are to work in a line, modify one part down stream or up, and you end up playing keep making next part better and so on and before long you sank a way more than it would have costs to just upgrade from the get go! just the nature of the beast

BUT if your dead set on exploring things with custom made parts,and nothing wrong with it if its what you want to do! as I stated just trying to help here no bash intended!

maybe try some places I listed below ;
I have NO clue how close or far they are from you as MI is a fairly large state and al the info I have to go by, nor any personal experience with any, some have been around a long time, and that some times means they are liked by some!

so I will add a few I found by doing a search on google maps, a few dozen came up all over, so there should be one near you you can maybe try and have a talk with , I know you were maybe hoping for someone to have personal experience with one they could recommend,
but it doesn't seem like anyone here has that to pass on,
so, hope this maybe helps ( did again, Google maps, and typed in metal machine shop and used center of state as a starting point, LOTS of shops came up for me)
good luck and let us know how you make out!

or

or

or

or

Yes I know what your saying.the pictures are with them not welded.that was a last resort when I couldn't get anything from the auction house or consignment company. You seem to know what your doing,thanks.

If I could get Orem parts for JCT products I agree that would be best,the Chinese run and go bankrupt then open another company to sell same items from. Not all but when you can't get replies or replacement parts those are the crooked ones. If I wasn't 77 I would start another competitor to them,they sell a lot. Our 40 to 100 containers a year were always A+ and inspected by customers like QVC,WALMART REI,THE GOVERNMENT and many others. We were very concerned about getting our customers quality products,not copy cat or junk.

I miss product development since we sold our company 5 years ago. Lots of ideas that could make good quality products for skid steers that have never been seen.

Enough of this novel:) your comments were helpful,thank you,van

mrbb

Yes I know what your saying.the pictures are with them not welded.that was a last resort when I couldn't get anything from the auction house or consignment company. You seem to know what your doing,thanks.

If I could get Orem parts for JCT products I agree that would be best,the Chinese run and go bankrupt then open another company to sell same items from. Not all but when you can't get replies or replacement parts those are the crooked ones. If I wasn't 77 I would start another competitor to them,they sell a lot. Our 40 to 100 containers a year were always A+ and inspected by customers like QVC,WALMART REI,THE GOVERNMENT and many others. We were very concerned about getting our customers quality products,not copy cat or junk.

I miss product development since we sold our company 5 years ago. Lots of ideas that could make good quality products for skid steers that have never been seen.

Enough of this novel:) your comments were helpful,thank you,van
I hear you loud and clear
were living in a time when most folks seem to want cheap junk over quality products, and as such
its why there are so many so so tings out there
the days of quality by ANY Brand is gone, everyone seems to have fallen into making junk these days, even the big brands make some cheaper crap , and are not worried about reputation any more about making quality long lasting products
the name of the game now is, make it last just long enough most don't complain enough to notice!
or that's my take on pretty much everything made today
quantity is more important than quality and profits more important than a reputation or repeat buyers!
the saying a sucker is born every minute has never been more clear as a selling point for company;s! IMO!

but back to having parts made, honestly any GOOD machinist should be able to make you new parts, if you have spec's for them to go off of, if you don;'t know any machinist personally in your area, again, maybe try to heavy equipment sales or rental shops, I'm, sure they use one often, and many times, you can get a feel for if they like them or not,
you can also maybe get advice from a local NAPA store, or even a good long lasting gun smith in your area
but if the implement is made of lesser quality, again ,your only going top break the next weak link in chain building better parts
so might again be better off just looking for a better implement all together , sucks to eat the costs, but might be worth it in the long run! carbide tooth soil conditioners seem to hold up WAY better than tillers, but then again, all comes down to what your needs are with turning soil over!

mikelv

Take a look at this posting on the forum. Seems to be similar and how he went about just replacing the motor to solve the issue.