New OMC 310 owner here with some questions.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

GizlerM

I picked up an OMC 310 yesterday and have a few questions.

It came with an Onan elite 140 engine that was in the machine. It's currently out but still bolted to the motor plate/frame.

Previous owner took it out to start cleaning the machine up and replacing some worn hydraulic lines. Long story short, the project stalled out and he needed to get rid of the machine and a lot of other stuff because he was moving.

I was able to pick it up for 1000$. He gave me 4 new tires( not sure I am going to use them), a homemade fork/bucket for hay?, an extra rim, manuals, and all the parts that he unbolted from it.

Everything looks intact and in decent shape.

My question is, are the rebuild kits for the hydraulic motor(hydro gears), and the drive motors(wheel motors) still available if needed?

What was the original engine in the 310?

Looks like someone made spacers for underneath the engine to raise it up and use a shorter belt…. I will get pictures of the bracket.

Either way…..I feel like I got a pretty decent deal at a 1000$ for this thing.

Earlier in the day I looked at a bobcat m371 that was heavily worn, ran but barely moved, and I couldn't get the guy to budge from 2400$.

Thanks again for any advice.

xQB4n3t.jpeg

79Oe6yN.jpeg

5bxUorn.jpeg

Firefighter

Looks like u made a good purchase, those loaders were built from 1977-1980, they also were built for john deere,
sold as a model 60. the original engine would have been an onan also, not sure on hp, thinking round 14. The seal kits or gasket should be available thru both mustang & Jd, if not i'm sure a hydraulic shop should be able to locate seals for u