E26 Fuel Problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sixty2chevy2

Good afternoon,

I have an E26 Mini that has been running great. Only problem it has is the key is kinda finicky. Barely any movement and it will start. Shuts off with the key but still seems like it is not right but I have not experience with this key system.

Anyway, that is one thing. The other is, it was running great and then shudders and dies. I have a fuel filter in the fuel line and it has some fuel in it so I figure it is not the fuel delivery, but something else. The engine runs, then it dies and the starter re-engages. It seems like the starter is engaged under some low RPM. Obviously starving for fuel

I go ahead and pull the cover off the fuel tank and remove the suction hose as I read that that pick-up tube breaks off or falls of and you will not get any fuel to the engine. Well, that tube is just fine.

I blow out the lines while I have everything disconnected.

my fuel filter is now empty and when I turn the engine over, no fuel is showing up in the filter. I automatically associate this problem with the fuel pump but these fuel pumps seldom fail, right?

Is there a fuel shut off solenoid that could be the problem, possibly along with the key switch?

At a loss. Thanks in advance.

foton

I would go after that key switch problem first and see what it corrects, it could be all your issues.

OP
OP
S

sixty2chevy2

Good afternoon,

I have an E26 Mini that has been running great. Only problem it has is the key is kinda finicky. Barely any movement and it will start. Shuts off with the key but still seems like it is not right but I have not experience with this key system.

Anyway, that is one thing. The other is, it was running great and then shudders and dies. I have a fuel filter in the fuel line and it has some fuel in it so I figure it is not the fuel delivery, but something else. The engine runs, then it dies and the starter re-engages. It seems like the starter is engaged under some low RPM. Obviously starving for fuel

I go ahead and pull the cover off the fuel tank and remove the suction hose as I read that that pick-up tube breaks off or falls of and you will not get any fuel to the engine. Well, that tube is just fine.

I blow out the lines while I have everything disconnected.

my fuel filter is now empty and when I turn the engine over, no fuel is showing up in the filter. I automatically associate this problem with the fuel pump but these fuel pumps seldom fail, right?

Is there a fuel shut off solenoid that could be the problem, possibly along with the key switch?

At a loss. Thanks in advance.
The suction hose was plugged with gunk. Blew it out, running great.