V2203 Timing cover o-rings

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

chasxjs

I am rebuilding the engine in a Bobcat 753 that I purchased with the engine disassembled. The engine is a V-2203 The issue I have run into is the manual calls for o-rings to be installed in the timing cover around the ports that flow oil to and from the oil filter. My gasket set did not come with any o-rings for these ports and the ports are not grooved to accept o-rings. I guess my question is, was there some kind of production change that modified this to eliminate or modify the o-ring requirements? I tried to add a picture to show what I am talking about but did not see an option to add one.

Tazza

Staff member
There are no grooves in the timing cover for the Orings at all? I haven't had the cover off a V2203, but have done it on V1702 engines which did have these Orings grooves.
Hopefully another member that has done this job can give you better advise.

OP
OP
C

chasxjs

There are no grooves in the timing cover for the Orings at all? I haven't had the cover off a V2203, but have done it on V1702 engines which did have these Orings grooves.
Hopefully another member that has done this job can give you better advise.
The area around the ports is recessed as if to accept something but it is not grooved for a typical o-ring. I have looked on line and have seen these covers of both types (grooved and recessed). I'm guessing there was a design change at some point but not sure if this change eliminated the o-rings or what. Wish I could figure out how to attach a picture to better explain what I'm saying.

hfP4

The area around the ports is recessed as if to accept something but it is not grooved for a typical o-ring. I have looked on line and have seen these covers of both types (grooved and recessed). I'm guessing there was a design change at some point but not sure if this change eliminated the o-rings or what. Wish I could figure out how to attach a picture to better explain what I'm saying.
It sounds like you're talking about #27 in the diagram linked here: https://imgur.com/a/wjyemwD I've got nothing else to offer, but thought a picture might help.

7LBSSMALLIE

as per bobcat? there were two different timing covers installed on this eng. there recomdation was to open a call trac give eng s/n and thehy will advise as to which parts you need.. SOLUTION. order both return the ones you don't need

billyb

I recently installed a new timing cover on a v2203 in a Bobcat S150. Original had the Orings but the new cover did not call for them. The new cover had machined recesses as if for Orings. I had purchased the Orings just in case but they did not even fit the recesses. That was about 3 months ago and all is well

billyb

Actually the original cover was not available. It had been updated to the one without Orings