Help Bleeding Fuel System on 843

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dutch

I need to know the procedure for bleeding my fuel system. I changed the fuel filter on my 843 which has a Perkins 4.154 engine. I need to know what is the procedure for bleeding air out of the system, if required. My Bobcat is equipped with the long gold tube that says "fuel in" and "oil out" and seems to have a toggle lever on the bottom. Is this what bleeds it? Do I perform this with the engine running? That's it in a nutshell. Let me know if you need more info.

antfarmer2

Type in the search box (843 bleeding fuel) you will see your post and one under it click on that one and there you go

antfarmer2

Apologies, we've tried everything, can't get to the answer. Can you copy and send it to me? Thank you.
On the top of the fuel filter there should be a plug take that out and pump the ball to get the air out first

antfarmer2

On the top of the fuel filter there should be a plug take that out and pump the ball to get the air out first
Then loosen the banjo and pump again till the air is out if it still won't start then loosen all of the couplers on the injectors a half turn the have someone crank it till fuel comes out and tighten them down the line as they do when it starts move to the side out of the spray and tighten the rest or shut it off and finsh did it run before you changed the filters or were you having problems before?

OP
OP
D

Dutch

Then loosen the banjo and pump again till the air is out if it still won't start then loosen all of the couplers on the injectors a half turn the have someone crank it till fuel comes out and tighten them down the line as they do when it starts move to the side out of the spray and tighten the rest or shut it off and finsh did it run before you changed the filters or were you having problems before?
No I had no problem prior. I was doing routine maintenance, removed the fuel tank, cleaned it out, then put in new fuel filter, cleaned the settlement bowl and that is where I am. There is no bulb anywhere on the rest of the fuel line. My fuel tube goes from the tank to the fuel filter with no bulb.

antfarmer2

No I had no problem prior. I was doing routine maintenance, removed the fuel tank, cleaned it out, then put in new fuel filter, cleaned the settlement bowl and that is where I am. There is no bulb anywhere on the rest of the fuel line. My fuel tube goes from the tank to the fuel filter with no bulb.
Ok I think someone took your ball lol but you can wrap a rag around a air hose and put LIGHT pressure in the fuel tank with the cap off and do the same thing

OldMachinist

Ok I think someone took your ball lol but you can wrap a rag around a air hose and put LIGHT pressure in the fuel tank with the cap off and do the same thing
 photo BleedAir_zps4683d2cb.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dutch

Yes THANKYOU, this is a big help. I do not have a service manual or an electrical schematic for an 843 but need them. Is there a link that you can send me for these items? Thanks I appreciate your help, and you too Antfarmer. This is a wonderful forum and I appreciate all the help from you guys.
A bit of history, the Bobcat would run 20 minutes or so, then shut down. It would be awhile for it would start again so this is why I removed the fuel tank,and I cleaned the pickup and fuel line inside the tank. Then I changed the fuel filter and glass settlement bowl. That is why I am working this fuel problem.

antfarmer2

Yes THANKYOU, this is a big help. I do not have a service manual or an electrical schematic for an 843 but need them. Is there a link that you can send me for these items? Thanks I appreciate your help, and you too Antfarmer. This is a wonderful forum and I appreciate all the help from you guys.
A bit of history, the Bobcat would run 20 minutes or so, then shut down. It would be awhile for it would start again so this is why I removed the fuel tank,and I cleaned the pickup and fuel line inside the tank. Then I changed the fuel filter and glass settlement bowl. That is why I am working this fuel problem.
Did you check the fuel cap for a pluged vent

phazeloss

After cleaning the tank did you inspect the dip tube for cracks? at this point it might be wise to change the supply and return fuel lines. if your machine does not have a prime pump installing a hand prime bulb and a shut off valve before your primary fuel filter will save you time and headaches in the future when you go to change your fuel filters

OP
OP
D

Dutch

After cleaning the tank did you inspect the dip tube for cracks? at this point it might be wise to change the supply and return fuel lines. if your machine does not have a prime pump installing a hand prime bulb and a shut off valve before your primary fuel filter will save you time and headaches in the future when you go to change your fuel filters
OM, thank you for the link to the service manual, it's exactly what I needed. My engine is a 200 series and I found the correct fuel bleeding procedure in the manual.
I purchased a primer-pump bulb, cleaned the fuel cap with diesel and blew it out with air and there was already an existing cut off valve on the line between the fuel tank and the fuel filter.
Thanks to Everyone for your quick response and support. This is a great forum.

OP
OP
D

Dutch

OM, thank you for the link to the service manual, it's exactly what I needed. My engine is a 200 series and I found the correct fuel bleeding procedure in the manual.
I purchased a primer-pump bulb, cleaned the fuel cap with diesel and blew it out with air and there was already an existing cut off valve on the line between the fuel tank and the fuel filter.
Thanks to Everyone for your quick response and support. This is a great forum.
10441248_332835430197044_4491027158059374768_n.jpg