Downloadable service manuals?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

canorado

Hey there , great info to be found here thanx, but here is a question. Has any one here paid the life time $25.00 and downloaded service manuals from this site? " http://bobcat.manuals-website.com " I would appreciate any info if you have used this site to download manuals. TIA

Tazza

Staff member
I have heard about it before, but never used it. Last time i looked, there weren't very many manuals on offer there......
Its still appealing, for $25 you really can't go wrong.

OP
OP
C

canorado

I have heard about it before, but never used it. Last time i looked, there weren't very many manuals on offer there......
Its still appealing, for $25 you really can't go wrong.
Thanx Tazza, for your input. I did pay the fee and ,downloaded the service manuals for the 773-G that I have recently purchased. For anyone interested, the PDF's available on this site are scanned maunuals of average quality, but well worth the $25.00, in my opinion,Thanx

soutthpaw

Thanx Tazza, for your input. I did pay the fee and ,downloaded the service manuals for the 773-G that I have recently purchased. For anyone interested, the PDF's available on this site are scanned maunuals of average quality, but well worth the $25.00, in my opinion,Thanx
well as they are already violating copyright maybe I will pay the fee too, download all the manuals and then post them on a file sharing website for free. Instead of some dude making a buck off it..

Tazza

Staff member
well as they are already violating copyright maybe I will pay the fee too, download all the manuals and then post them on a file sharing website for free. Instead of some dude making a buck off it..
If you do, let me know, i'll swipe a copy as well :)
I need one for my 753G but doesn't show that it covers it.....

m610

Pls let us know. I would love to have a copy for a 743B. Thank You
I scanned my M610 and 700/720 manuals years ago. Next I need to scan my 843 and 863 manuals. The next one to find would be for my 1996 763.

Tazza

Staff member
I scanned my M610 and 700/720 manuals years ago. Next I need to scan my 843 and 863 manuals. The next one to find would be for my 1996 763.
I'm kicking myself for getting rid of the manuals for my 731.... I let them go with the machine when i sold it, i should have kept it or at least scanned it into my pc.
I have manuals in hard copies for a 743, 751, 763 and i need to get one for the 753G i need to work on, need to harass my dealer for that one!

coreya3212

I'm kicking myself for getting rid of the manuals for my 731.... I let them go with the machine when i sold it, i should have kept it or at least scanned it into my pc.
I have manuals in hard copies for a 743, 751, 763 and i need to get one for the 753G i need to work on, need to harass my dealer for that one!
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a Service manual printed that has a copywrite blurb, that actually says that it is copywritten. My serv man for my 825 has no such label?? Are they actually copywritten documents?

OldMachinist

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a Service manual printed that has a copywrite blurb, that actually says that it is copywritten. My serv man for my 825 has no such label?? Are they actually copywritten documents?
I just looked at my service and parts manuals and you are correct there's no copyright info anywhere. I'm sure a lawyer would say it's implied because Bobcat published them but if they were worried about it they would have gone after some of the people selling copies online by now.

coreya3212

I just looked at my service and parts manuals and you are correct there's no copyright info anywhere. I'm sure a lawyer would say it's implied because Bobcat published them but if they were worried about it they would have gone after some of the people selling copies online by now.
Next question, can a individual go into a dealer and purchase a service or parts manual? I dont know but I am sure someone does. Reason I ask is this. Copywrite protection is usually a safeguard by the writer to ensure that payment for materials comes through them. Like, I wrote this and sell it at this price, so you cant copy it and sell it, taking money out of my pocket. A civil suit for lost revenue would be the goal of the writer if this happened. I am sure the criminal penalty would be a fine per instance, however, realistically, the police probably dont care to investigate all that much... small potatoes. So if BC doesnt actually sell them, no revenue is lost if they are copied and sold online or even passed around the block for nothing. Would they even care??? Just thinking out loud. So maybe if there arent that many manuals on the website and say I had one they didnt and offered to scan it and send it in for freem member ship, maybe to broaden there library, to attract more paying customers..... who knows.

Now I feel like I should write some sort of disclaimer like this wasnt my idea. See you all in the slammer! HA

OldMachinist

Next question, can a individual go into a dealer and purchase a service or parts manual? I dont know but I am sure someone does. Reason I ask is this. Copywrite protection is usually a safeguard by the writer to ensure that payment for materials comes through them. Like, I wrote this and sell it at this price, so you cant copy it and sell it, taking money out of my pocket. A civil suit for lost revenue would be the goal of the writer if this happened. I am sure the criminal penalty would be a fine per instance, however, realistically, the police probably dont care to investigate all that much... small potatoes. So if BC doesnt actually sell them, no revenue is lost if they are copied and sold online or even passed around the block for nothing. Would they even care??? Just thinking out loud. So maybe if there arent that many manuals on the website and say I had one they didnt and offered to scan it and send it in for freem member ship, maybe to broaden there library, to attract more paying customers..... who knows.

Now I feel like I should write some sort of disclaimer like this wasnt my idea. See you all in the slammer! HA
Yes you can go to the dealer and order a service manual and now they are also available already scanned and on a CD from them. I just don't think they want to control the service manuals that tightly because they know that no matter who's doing the service most of the parts your going to come to them.
A lot of the agricultual, lawn care and small engine manufacturers have started letting you download the owners and service manuals for free to stop the aftermarket selling of them.

coreya3212

Yes you can go to the dealer and order a service manual and now they are also available already scanned and on a CD from them. I just don't think they want to control the service manuals that tightly because they know that no matter who's doing the service most of the parts your going to come to them.
A lot of the agricultual, lawn care and small engine manufacturers have started letting you download the owners and service manuals for free to stop the aftermarket selling of them.
well there you go. Thats out the window then.

jeffco

well there you go. Thats out the window then.
I have the original Bobcat manuals with all the updates and revisions, no copyright but dated 1978, part number and with updates through 82 or 83 anyway. Copyrights cost the publisher quite a bit so the end result is if they sold 1000 machines its not that great an amount of profit for the manuals. I had manuals for a 475 Clark-Michigan payloader, there were maybe 12 units in the US. The manuals cost 200.00 right from Clark and they were in 6 ring binders , each about 3 inches thick. It was all photocopied and not that great but the dealer said, it's all they have, don't leave them in the sun, they fade. Not a real money maker there. On the other hand, selling copies of a copyrighted text book will get someones attention. Jeffco

nsxbill

I paid the $25 and got the downloads. I am looking for operation manual now. I just bought a decent 610 Bobcat, and I'm really at the start of the learning curve. Too old to push my wheelbarrow up and down the slope with materials, the acquisition of a used Bobcat has always appealed to me. Having never even rented or run one previously, I want to learn everything I can about it's operation. Anyone direct me to a link for instruction manual? Video instruction? Suggestions for what to look at? I plan on running it around for 8-10 hours before I attempt loading/and use on the slope on my property. Bill Cameron Park, CA

OldMachinist

I paid the $25 and got the downloads. I am looking for operation manual now. I just bought a decent 610 Bobcat, and I'm really at the start of the learning curve. Too old to push my wheelbarrow up and down the slope with materials, the acquisition of a used Bobcat has always appealed to me. Having never even rented or run one previously, I want to learn everything I can about it's operation. Anyone direct me to a link for instruction manual? Video instruction? Suggestions for what to look at? I plan on running it around for 8-10 hours before I attempt loading/and use on the slope on my property. Bill Cameron Park, CA
There are always several 610 operations manuals on Ebay. I wouldn't pay more than $15 for one there's not that much info in one.

Tazza

Staff member
There are always several 610 operations manuals on Ebay. I wouldn't pay more than $15 for one there's not that much info in one.
Honestly, the best way to learn is to ask questions and *play* on your machine.
I learned 99% on my own, but others will give tips that can help you out too. Small safety things are keep the heaviest part UP hill. If the bucket is empty, reverse up, if its full drive up. Carry your load as low as possible, if its heavy and up high and you stop suddenly the machine will tip forward and won't stop till the bucket hits the ground.
There is a heap more, but thats a start :)

Thechap

Honestly, the best way to learn is to ask questions and *play* on your machine.
I learned 99% on my own, but others will give tips that can help you out too. Small safety things are keep the heaviest part UP hill. If the bucket is empty, reverse up, if its full drive up. Carry your load as low as possible, if its heavy and up high and you stop suddenly the machine will tip forward and won't stop till the bucket hits the ground.
There is a heap more, but thats a start :)
Anyone know where I can download a service manual for a Case 1845C? Or someone that is selling one for a half decent price? Many thanks!! Bryan

Does anyone have the Service Manual or Parts Manual or Operator's manuals for my Bobcat 630? I could really use them, my machine is really running rough! I can't afford the $100 service manual that they want on ebay. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Matt