CAT 257B Skid Steer Oil Pressure Help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

CATSK24

We have a 2008 257B skid steer with 3500 hours. The engine was just rebuilt and we have changed the oil after the break in period or around 100 hours. Now after the machine gets hot, the oil light comes on. I went to the CAT dealer and they had me order a pressure relief valve. After installing it, it still does the same thing. We have a mechanical gauge on it and it is at around 20 pounds at cold idle, when we accelerate, it goes to about 30 pounds and then jumped to 50. Like something was sticking and came loose. Any ideas?

foton

till you figure it out the mechanical gauge would stay in place in my view. I assume that you are using something like 15/40 oil in this heat. does the cat engine have a external accessable oil pressure relief valve? I have seen that on some engines.

OP
OP
C

CATSK24

till you figure it out the mechanical gauge would stay in place in my view. I assume that you are using something like 15/40 oil in this heat. does the cat engine have a external accessable oil pressure relief valve? I have seen that on some engines.
We are using 15w-40. This is a Perkins engine, not sure about an external pressure relief valve

Last edited: