Asv cab won’t lift

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rkrkopp

New to the forum. I purchased a used 2016
Vermeer ft100 forestry mulcher that I found out while trying to find a Manuel that ASV made it for Vermeer. I blew a hydraulic line and can't get the cab lifted to access the lines. I've pulled all 4 bolts in the floor. I've talked to the local dealer and ASV support. They both say it should lift with a little help.
I've even tried to lift it with another skidsteer.
It lifts about one inch and seems to get stuck.
Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks. Rob.

Equipment_Tech

From my experience with asv 60 rt30 rt60 example..... yes you could remove the cab entirely (never did) but my real question is why ?

You say to replace a broken hydraulic line, I've changed soo many lines and never remover the cab before

I always used metal ramps that are rated 5 ton, drive up backwards, remove the skid plates and find your hose.

Unless...... maybe...... Its a hose going to your hydraulic tank itself

Hope this helps and I believe this is one reason why you cannot remove the cab, hydraulic line going to tank and possibly wiring harness if you didn't unplug including throttle cable ect

OP
OP
R

Rkrkopp

From my experience with asv 60 rt30 rt60 example..... yes you could remove the cab entirely (never did) but my real question is why ?

You say to replace a broken hydraulic line, I've changed soo many lines and never remover the cab before

I always used metal ramps that are rated 5 ton, drive up backwards, remove the skid plates and find your hose.

Unless...... maybe...... Its a hose going to your hydraulic tank itself

Hope this helps and I believe this is one reason why you cannot remove the cab, hydraulic line going to tank and possibly wiring harness if you didn't unplug including throttle cable ect

OP
OP
R

Rkrkopp

Thanks. I will try some ramps to get it off the ground. I have dropped the belly pans to see.
Still would like to lift the cab for better access.
Thanks. Rob

OP
OP
R

Rkrkopp

My original post I did not specify it's a ASV 120 the can should tilt back. Don't want to remove it.

brdgbldr

My original post I did not specify it's a ASV 120 the can should tilt back. Don't want to remove it.
I am not familiar with that machine but, I have had cabs that would not raise on other machines.

The problems that I have found are:

Something caught in the hinge point i.e. rocks, tools etc.

I had one machine that someone had spun the auxiliary hose while tightening it and the steel bend in the hose end was catching the cab.

I've seen throttle levers that were bent over enough to stop the cab from raising.

Since you tried to lift it with another machine I would assume that it is not just a bad strut but I could see, under some weird circumstance, where the strut could be locking up and not allowing the cab to rise.

All I can suggest is to lift the cab as far as you can and then carefully inspect everything around it. If you can have a helper lift the cab up and down while you move around it, you may be able to hear where it is catching.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
R

Rkrkopp

I am not familiar with that machine but, I have had cabs that would not raise on other machines.

I had one machine that someone had spun the auxiliary hose while tightening it and the steel bend in the hose end was catching the cab.

I've seen throttle levers that were bent over enough to stop the cab from raising.

Since you tried to lift it with another machine I would assume that it is not just a bad strut but I could see, under some weird circumstance, where the strut could be locking up and not allowing the cab to rise.

All I can suggest is to lift the cab as far as you can and then carefully inspect everything around it. If you can have a helper lift the cab up and down while you move around it, you may be able to hear where it is catching.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
R

Rkrkopp

Thanks anything helps. We have done what you said. I can lift the front of the cab about an inch. And barely see between the cab and the fuel tank it looks like the bottom of the cab is getting stuck on the fuel tank that raps all the way around the machine. But when I tried to lift the cab with another skidsteer it would have broke the plastic fuel tank if that was all that was blocking it. My machine is two hours away so I can only work on it weekends. Thanks. Rob

[email protected]

Hope this helps.
I would agree with all that was said above. I noticed in one video of these that before they tilted the cab they cleaned all the junk away from the hinge points. I doubt that there is a safety catch but this has to be something out of place to only get it an inch from the frame You need more eyes that can see when the lift is attempted. On top, at hinge points, inside if possible. Then maybe from under the unit if the skid pan is off. Good Luck with this.

mrbb

have you tried looking at the parts schematic's on things about the cab, maybe then you may find something that is holding it down, something that your just not able to see with everything assembled, just a thought ? as I know its some times easy to not be able to see things, yet there in place behind hoses or plates or what ever??

so using the parts schematic's can some times show you what your unable to see!

L3akaL3

I'm not really familiar with that specific model but I have a Terex/ASV PT100 and have been pretty much rebuilding it from the ground up (don't ask 😂).
First, mine has a lot more than 4 bolts. I have at least 6, maybe 8 that go around the skirt surrounding the cab.
2nd, you have to have the loader up and locked on mine or it will hit and stop like you described.
3rd, door has to be shut or it will hit the loader arms on mine. (I couldn't understand why mine wouldn't go up one day right after I had just lowered it. 😂 I was alone too so getting tired trying until I figured it out.
I don't see any Vemeer listed but if it really is just an ASV, Track loader parts has free manuals. I like their site and order a lot of parts from them. Here's a link to the manuals for a regular ASV PT-100 Forestry

OP
OP
R

Rkrkopp

Thanks. I do have the arms up and locked out. It appears like the cab is getting stuck under the fuel tank in the front. When I get back down to my machine I think I'll pull the fuel tank so I can get a better look.

schreib69

This is probably off base. I have an SR80 ASV.
Once I tried to open the cab up and was really struggling. . . until I realized I pulled out the WRONG two bolts!
RE-check to make sure, look harder. Sounds stupid. . . but ?!$#