Tires for an 863

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kar7282

Hi I need to replace a tire on my 863 bobcat and my question is can I only buy one to put on or should you replace the tires in pairs. The old tires are wore down a good bit but they are not completely smooth yet I just blew a side wall on the one that needs fixed. Then my next question is can you run over the tire steel tracks and foam filled tires together or would they together be to heavy for the machine. Someone said I couldn't do that but I wanted to check with you guys first. How much weight does the foam filled tires add to the weight of the machine? Thanks for the help.

Tazza

Staff member
You *can* just replace one trye but remember the new one will have a larger circumference than the other one so it will wear more than normal. If you are just running on dirt, wear and chain damage will be reduced. If you are running on a sticky surface the tyres will be fighting each other and will put extra load on your chains and bearings, it CAN break chains.
I only use my machine on dirt at home, so tyre wear was never an issue for me.
Same with tracks, if you put tracks on, technically you are meant to remove your front chains to prevent breaking something.

skidsteer.ca

You *can* just replace one trye but remember the new one will have a larger circumference than the other one so it will wear more than normal. If you are just running on dirt, wear and chain damage will be reduced. If you are running on a sticky surface the tyres will be fighting each other and will put extra load on your chains and bearings, it CAN break chains.
I only use my machine on dirt at home, so tyre wear was never an issue for me.
Same with tracks, if you put tracks on, technically you are meant to remove your front chains to prevent breaking something.
Foam filling a 10 by 16.5 tire adds about 150 lbs per tire, not sure on the 12" tires.
Foam is heavy.