Bobcat 751 hydraulic issue?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Banjosquatch

I got a bobcat 751 a few months back and shortly thereafter blew out the case drain line connected to the right drive motor. I replaced that and got maybe two days of work then blew the top big hose on that same right drive motor. Any thoughts on what could be causing this ? I will say that the right side is very strong when going backwards and very weak going forwards , idk if that could be a sign of something that's causing the lines to bust. Any help would be greatly appreciated

brdgbldr

I got a bobcat 751 a few months back and shortly thereafter blew out the case drain line connected to the right drive motor. I replaced that and got maybe two days of work then blew the top big hose on that same right drive motor. Any thoughts on what could be causing this ? I will say that the right side is very strong when going backwards and very weak going forwards , idk if that could be a sign of something that's causing the lines to bust. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I believe that machine has in-line filters that are normally neglected. One for each drove motor. I would check these for debris.

OP
OP
B

Banjosquatch

Thanks for the reply !! ahh okay so that's the filter that that small case drain line goes to I'm assuming, so do you think the drive motor is probably okay ?

brdgbldr

Thanks for the reply !! ahh okay so that's the filter that that small case drain line goes to I'm assuming, so do you think the drive motor is probably okay ?
I would open up that filter and look at what's inside.
The drive motor may or may not be ok. If changing the filter doesn't change anything, you can swap the motors from side to side to see if the problem fallows.
Here is a link to the parts catalog:

I would change out all of the filters and fluids if you haven't already.

haymaker

Good luck, sometimes it is the simplest thing.
PM is often neglected by so many people!