763 G (V-2203E) options

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ottsrx7

I'm trying to decide whether or not to rear down this motor and freshen it up or look for a motor out of a salvage yard etc... It's a Kubota V-2203E ( ow Compression on all cylinders) Any suggestions or ideas where I can find a reasonably price salvage motor or suggestions where the best place is to source engine parts. I'm finding that our local Bobcat dealers seem to be greedy IMO. Thanks, Steve

Tazza

Staff member
Parts are cheaper from a Kubota dealer for starters.
As for an engine, you can get low hour engines fron refrigeration units. Some call them refers, the bottom end looks different, but you can use your old sump. Also there is usually a control solenoid on the throttle linkage to throttle the engine up when it needs to work and lets go when it can go back to idle. Check ebay for these engines, from memory they were about $1,500. Don't quote me on the price though. The seller even gave info on what you need to do to make them fit a Bobcat.
I'm assuming your engine is an indirect injection non turbo? i think the turbo is V2203DI or something along those lines.

OP
OP
O

Ottsrx7

Parts are cheaper from a Kubota dealer for starters.
As for an engine, you can get low hour engines fron refrigeration units. Some call them refers, the bottom end looks different, but you can use your old sump. Also there is usually a control solenoid on the throttle linkage to throttle the engine up when it needs to work and lets go when it can go back to idle. Check ebay for these engines, from memory they were about $1,500. Don't quote me on the price though. The seller even gave info on what you need to do to make them fit a Bobcat.
I'm assuming your engine is an indirect injection non turbo? i think the turbo is V2203DI or something along those lines.
It is a non-turbo unit. The injectors are in the head.

Tazza

Staff member
It is a non-turbo unit. The injectors are in the head.
I'd look for one off the net, see what is available. The price to rebuild will exceed the price you can get a used running engine.
Last time i got work done on mine, the gasket kit, pistons, rings, bearings ran me 1K, they are more now. Then it needed cylinder liners and machining work, i got the machining for free, cylinder liners were $20 each, generic not genuine Kubota. Then you should get the head done, and the injection system checked/cleaned. It all adds up if you want it done right.