2014 S770

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fire1

I have a 2014 S770 with 131 hours on it. Today it started showing error code M0721, and The hydrolic temperature shows -40° I am using standard bobcat brand hydraulic fluid, any ideas on solving the issue would be appreciated.

Bobcatdan

Under warranty yet, have them solve it. With only a 131 hours on it, even if your out of the one year standard warranty, they may extent some coverage. My guess is a bad hydraulic temp sensor a -40 reading would show the sensor to reading its extreme low end.

walio123

M0721 - Hydraulic Oil Temperature Out Of Range High. Hydraulic temperature shows - 40 ?!?! This is a misunderstanding between the sensor and gateway controller. Sounds like a faulty sensor.

Bobcatdan

M0721 - Hydraulic Oil Temperature Out Of Range High. Hydraulic temperature shows - 40 ?!?! This is a misunderstanding between the sensor and gateway controller. Sounds like a faulty sensor.
I'd let a dealer look at, the code maybe a red herring. All sensors run on a sensor circuit. One sensor can go and throw the system voltage off. The controller doesn't know what to make of the voltage signal and guesses the problem. It's no always right. A bad oil pressure sensor can throw a hydraulic code because the controller is confused for example. Not saying its not cut and dry a bad hydraulic temp sensor, but I don't want to tell you with 100% certainity it is.

OP
OP
F

Fire1

I'd let a dealer look at, the code maybe a red herring. All sensors run on a sensor circuit. One sensor can go and throw the system voltage off. The controller doesn't know what to make of the voltage signal and guesses the problem. It's no always right. A bad oil pressure sensor can throw a hydraulic code because the controller is confused for example. Not saying its not cut and dry a bad hydraulic temp sensor, but I don't want to tell you with 100% certainity it is.
It was mice nesting/chewing on wires. $1300 later it runs like new again. ._.